U.S. Embassy job recruitment 2022/2023 – the position of a voucher examiner is open for suitable and qualified candidates, kindly go through the details before to applyThe U.S. Mission to Nigeria comprises of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Voucher Examiner – All Interested Candidates (Voucher Examiner/Payroll Liaison)
Announcement Number: Abuja-2022-055
Hiring Agency: Embassy Abuja
Series / Grade:LE – 0420 7
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
Promotion Potential: LE-7
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FP is 7. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
- All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 number of hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Not Required
- This position is located in the Financial Management Center (FMC) and acts as the principal Payroll Liaison and a Voucher Examiner for the U.S. Mission in Nigeria.
- The incumbent coordinates the Mission payroll activities for State Department and other agencies employees with the Financial Service Center in Charleston.
- The position also reviews and processes all types of vouchers submitted for payment from State Department and more than 13 other agencies, e.g. Foreign Agricultural Service, Foreign Commercial Service, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Drug Enforcement, Health & Human Services, USAID, various military agencies, etc.
Qualifications and Evaluations:
- At least two (2) years of University Studies is required.
- A minimum of three (3) years of financial experience is required.
- Ability to work with little guidance, good attention to details, ability to work under pressure, excellent interpersonal skills, ability to analyze and resolve issues, excellent customer service skills, ability to effectively utilize computer and financial software.
- Standard level of keyboard/data entry skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office suite is required to maintain post databases.
- Good numeral skills required for preparing, reviewing, and auditing invoices and processing payments.
- Advanced knowledge of regulations governing voucher examination and sensitive payroll information is required.
- This may be tested. Please specify your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Fluency in speaking/reading/writing of English is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
- For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
Hiring Preference Selection Process:
- Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below.
- Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application.
- Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), Letter from Veterans’ Affairs which indicates the present existence of a service-connected disability dated within the past six months, equivalent documentation, or certification.
- A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honourable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date and the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
N6, 455,212 (USD38,894) Annually.
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
- To apply for this position click the “APPLY TO THIS VACANCY” button at the top of the page. Click on the “Submit Application” button to complete your application proces. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested degree and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- University Transcript
Eligible Family Member Applicants:
- Copy of Sponsor’s Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should kindly:
Click here to apply
All qualified candidates should apply on or before 2nd June, 2022.